#Job No. MN8a.
£60,000 + 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension
Primarily Monday to Friday with Weekend/Evening Support when required
Chief Engineer required for industry leading food manufacturing company. The company are investing heavily in new machinery and are looking to enhance their productivity and efficiencies. This is a challenging position where you will be given the budget and autonomy to implement improvements across the engineering function, whilst motivating and upskilling the Engineering department.
To apply for the role, candidates must have managed an engineering department ideally within a food manufacturing environment, this is not essential but preferred. The role will also suit driven and ambitious Engineering Managers looking to take a step and manage a function.
This is a hands-on management role overseeing a team consisting of Chief Engineer, an Administrator and 12-14 engineers. Reporting directly to the business owner you will be accountable for ensuring the function has adequate processes and procedures in place along with a robust planned maintenance system, but also implementing improvements to ensure engineering is running at optimum performance.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Chief/Senior Engineer looking to add value and improve engineering practices in a driven and successful manufacturer. You will drive and deliver change and improvements on site and enjoy being part of a growing, people focused organisation.
* Working closely with the General Manager to ensure production is delivered to a good standard
* Implementing lean and continuous improvement techniques
* Ensuring all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to
* Support with appraisals, performance management and recruitment
The person required:
* An engineering manufacturing background ideally in food
* Have had previous experience in manging a team or supervisors/team leaders within engineering looking to take a step up
* Improvements focused and a team player