#Job No. CB7.
CNC Machinist (Horizontal Miller)
Monday to Thursday 8am – 16:30pm, early finish Friday 15:30pm
Circa £15 per hour + Overtime + 24 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Free Parking + PPE supplied + Training + Regular Reviews
CNC Machinist (Horizontal Miller) required for a well-established company that is currently expanding due to its continuing success. This is a great opportunity to join a growing business that manufactures precision castings including the automotive, military, transport sectors. The chosen candidate will be working on a variety of customer projects in a brand new manufacturing facility that is both clean and tidy.
The successful CNC Machinist will have strong track record as a CNC miller, with experience in programming on ANY software (any experience with Mazak, Fanuc and Heidenhain is ideal). A good understanding of geometric tolerances and a methodical method of working, including problem solving is also required.
You can really boost your earnings with overtime in this role. Around 6-12 hours a week is available and some is occasionally required. For the first 10 hours this is paid at time and a third, then any after is at a time a half rate.
* Horizontal milling role
* Loading of programs, tools offset of tools and related tasks
* Editing CNC Programs for the effective machining of components
* Entering data into Routine Sheets, operating tickets and bespoke software
* Interpreting G code to set and operate vertical and/or horizontal machining centres
* Perform process inspection of parts in line with quality department
The successful CNC Machinist / Horizontal Miller:
* Experienced CNC miller
* Able to interpret G code to set and operate Vertical and/or horizontal machining centres
* Able to read drawings and G codes
* Required experience of ANY controls programming software
* Familiarity with Mazak, Fanuc and Heidenhain ideal