#Job No. MC276b.
Commissioning Engineer (PLC Programming)
Stockport, Nationwide/International Travel
Circa £40,000 + Pay for Weekend Work + Training + Progression + 20 Days Holiday (Increasing By 1 Day Each Year for 5 years totalling 25 days Max) + Bank Holidays
Commissioning engineer with PLC programming experience required to join an innovative materials handling company who are the number one in what they do! This is an exciting opportunity to join a company who can offer a long term career development whilst providing the opportunity to travel the globe.
To apply for this role you will have PLC programming experience on ANY PLC model. You can come from ANY background however candidates with experience working with material handling systems such as conveyors will hold a considerable advantage.
The successful candidate will spend 50% of their time based at the company’s head office based in Stockport where PLC programming from scratch will take place. This will involve working with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs. The other 50% of your time will be spent at the site of each installation project where you will follow installation teams to commission and set up the PLCs, modifying and fault finding where necessary.
You will spend 70% of your time when on the road based within the UK however the company work on a global basis so the other 30% of your time will be spent abroad which you must be happy to do.
You will work within a team of 4 to 5 more junior engineers and will take a prominent role in mentoring them. As the role develops, there will be the opportunity for the successful candidate to move into a more managerial role which will become more site based as you will focus more on handling queries and potential issues from Stockport.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a PLC programmer to join an industry leading company who truly value their staff and can offer long term career development.
*PLC programming and commissioning
*50:50 Stockport and site based
*70% UK based, 30% International travel
*Experience programming ANY PLC
*From ANY background, candidates from a material handling background will hold a considerable advantage