#Job No. SO99.
Controls Engineer (Automation/PLCs)
Competitive Salary + Holidays + Bank Holidays + Generous Company Pension + Training
Days Based Role (39.5 Hours Per Week)
Controls Engineer required for a well-established manufacturing company who work with high profile companies that are well recognised household names. The company continue to invest heavily year on year in both their employees and their machinery.
The successful candidate can come from any fast moving manufacturing background. Candidates must be confident with designing and installing PLC code from scratch in line with all relevant standards. Candidates must have experience of working with continuous improvement processes and have knowledge of health and safety requirements regarding controls systems.
The role will grant a high level of autonomy where you will be required to design and install control systems using PLCS and electro mechanical equipment. You will be the sole in-house controls expert. You will be tasked with developing software for control systems and supporting existing control systems to ensure maximum productivity from the plant. The successful candidate will be required to use initiative to recommend improvements or replacements which will improve reliability, safety or production.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company with who supply to reputable brands. The role will suit candidate who are looking to make a big impact within a company and help drive them forward through improvements to controls systems.
* Design and install of PLC programmes
* Develop software for control systems and support existing controls systems
* Recommend improvements or replacements based on market place developments
* Any fast moving manufacturing background
* Candidates must have a good amount of experience with control systems (Design and install)
* Experience with continuous improvement processes
* Knowledge of health and safety requirements