#Job No. TD445.
Cost Engineer (Electrical/Systems)
Competitive Salary + Holiday + Pension + Benefits
Monday to Friday
Cost Engineer required for a market leading and innovative company in the automotive sector who can provide an excellent opportunity to help develop and improve a company’s processes in a highly autonomous role.
The Cost Engineer will suit candidates from any electrical/electronic/systems background who have experience within a cost reduction role. You will need to be confident dealing with internal engineering teams, suppliers and external manufacturing companies day to day. You will work in a small team and be involved in design proposals. Candidates from a hands on/engineering background within an electrical or optical discipline, who are looking to develop into an out and out cost engineer are encouraged to apply.
The Cost Engineer role will involve the development and management of cost reduction processes across the sourcing (suppliers), design and manufacturing processes of the company’s product range. You will work very closely with the design team to establish the most cost effective way to design and manufacture products. On occasion you will visit suppliers and external manufacturing sites to build relationships and establish more cost effective options.
The Cost Engineer Role:
* Developing and managing new cost reduction techniques/processes
* Working with internal engineering teams, suppliers and external manufacturing sites
* Autonomy to develop new ideas as you see fit
The Cost Engineer:
* From a electrically/electronic/systems background with experience in cost focussed role
* Confident dealing with technical products and driving change