#Job No. cc950a.
Crane Engineer (Office based/Senior Position)
Competitive salary + 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays + Generous Pension + Healthcare Scheme
Portsmouth, Glasgow or Aberdeen
Crane Engineer required for an extremely well established cranes & lifting equipment business who supply customer’s internationally.
This is a highly technical role. Engineers with a solid working knowledge of crane design, mechanical handling systems and lifting equipment are invited to apply. It is essential that you have an understanding of the lifting industry health and safety legislation and regulations.
The role itself is primarily office based but with a commitment to occasional visits to client sites. You will work closely alongside the engineering team to understand client needs, you will be accountable for reviewing crane and lifting equipment designs and ensuring they comply with associated codes, standards and regulations. You will be accountable for the preparation and verification of design calculations and technical reports. In addition, you will support the preparation of tenders and new proposals.
Where required you will travel to commercial, nuclear and defence facilities to fully understand their needs and evaluate and seek to resolve any ongoing issues. Advising on technical and regulatory requirements where necessary.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly skilled team and play a key part of an established engineering company. The company provide a bespoke service to their clients and no two days will be the same.
* Significant experience in crane design / operations, mechanical handling systems
* Understanding and knowledge of relevant Legislation and Regulations.
* Willingness to travel where required
* Provide technical support and analysis of crane design, lifting equipment and mechanical handling systems
* Strong understanding of associated codes, standards and regulations
* HNC or equivalent in a relevant discipline