#Job No. MH929.
Design & Development Engineer
Circa £34,000 + Bonus + Pension + Life Cover + 26 days holidays + Bank holidays + Benefits Package
Design and Development Engineer sought as part of a growing and skilled team who are part of a world leading brand offering long term security and various routes for career development.
This Yorkshire based manufacturer is part of a global brand headed up by a parent company with a €2.6 Billion annual turnover, the key to the company’s success and to this role is continued product innovation keeping them at the forefront of technological advancements, ensuring they maintain their reputation as the go to brand for the top end of the market place.
The role [SC1] will be open to those from any relevant engineering or industrial product design degree background. You will have at least some post graduate experience within a manufacturing environment where you will have had exposure to the use of 3D design packages, gained an understanding of manufacturing processes and machining capabilities and practices. The successful candidate will have a flair and enthusiasm for product innovation and improvement.
The role is primarily based around valve design and development, You will work on multiple projects in a team based environment predominantly on a full life cycle NPD basis, the work will be split fairly evenly in most cases between CAD based design (SolidWorks) and project management responsibilities including liaison with all departments across the manufacturing function at all stages of development including direct customer contact. A key part of the role will be the hands prototype development and testing, experience with basic machining and fabrication, ability to assemble components and use testing facilities will all be advantageous skills and experience to your application.
The company produce a broad range of high end components and assemblies offering piping solutions to a global market place and are in a market leading position. They employ over 250 staff at their Doncaster facility and have over 100 years of industry expertise.
The role in brief (Please apply for a full role description.)
* Full life cycle design and development for innovative product improvements and NPD.
* Working on cutting edge valve design solutions targeting the high end of a global market place.
* Take on a range of hands on design, development and test as well as project management responsibility in a team based project environment.
The Person Required: [SC3]
* Degree qualified or equivalent engineer from a manufacturing environment with a flair for improvement and innovation and NPD experience.
* Strong working knowledge of manufacturing processes
* Any knowledge of valve design and manufacture highly desirable
* Willingness to travel nationally and internationally within projects on occasion as required both within Europe and globally.