Apply for Vacancy

Design and Estimating Engineer

Design and Estimating Engineer

#Job No. MC312.

  • Location:

    Edenbridge

  • Salary:

    £30k - 40k per year

  • Type:

    Permanent

Job Description:

Design and Estimating Engineer

Edenbridge

Up to £40,000 + 23 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension + Training + Progression Opportunities

Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:00

Design and estimating engineer required for an internationally recognised company who work largely, but not exclusively, in the aerospace and defence sector. This is a great opportunity for a design engineer to join a growing company who can offer long term training and development opportunities.

To apply for this role you will have 2D CAD experience using AutoCAD and cost estimating experience. You can come from ANY mechanical design background however candidates with experience working with electronic products, cables and/or harnesses will hold an advantage.

The successful candidate will spend around 30% of their time carrying out 2D designs using AutoCAD of cables and harnesses used in the aerospace and defence industry. 70% of your time on the design side will be modifying existing designs and the other 30% of your time will be spent creating new designs specific to customer requirements.

You will work closely with the company’s customers as another 30% of your time will be spent liaising with them on their requirements to create accurate cost estimations with modifications they require. This will be typically be via Skype or other means of telephone communication.

The company’s UK manufacturing presence has increased massively in the last two years and approximately 20% of your time will be spent offering technical advice during the manufacturing process. The final 20% of your role will be spent working closely with documentation such as putting together BOMs and ensuring that all products meet AS9100 quality standards. This is a top priority within the business so creating supporting documentation of this will also be within your remit.

This is a great opportunity to work in a varied role within a company that have an outstanding reputation across the globe. The role offers the opportunity to be involved in various aspects of the product’s development but the company are also committed and pride themselves on developing their staff. You will be joining a friendly team which can offer exciting career development opportunities.



The Role:

*30% design using AutoCAD

*30% cost estimations

*20% offering technical support to the manufacturing team

*20% documentation



The Person:

*Experience using AutoCAD to create 2D designs

*Have excellent IT skills and ideally advance experience using an ERP system

*Have cost estimations experience OR willing to learn with the company

*Mechanical design background – ideally experience with cables and harnesses but NOT essential