#Job No. RM546B.
Draughtsperson (Temporary Works)
£35,000 to £50,000 per annum + 25 Days Holiday + Westfield Health Scheme + Life Assurance Scheme + Contributory Pension Scheme
Draughtsperson required for a national engineering specialist in the construction and infrastructure sector. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team, work on a number of specialist projects and join a company that can help to support you with Chartership.
The successful draughtsperson will be Degree qualified in Civils/ Structural engineering or equivalent and have experience designing temporary engineering structures. Experience in ANY of the following will be considered: Scaffolding, concrete frame design, excavation support, earthworks, pilling, crane foundations, platforms, drainage, propping or shoring. You will be confident in the use of 2D AutoCAD, 2D frame and beam software.
Your role will be to work on a variety of temporary works designs for one of their key clients. The projects have quick turnaround times so you will usually only work on 1-2 projects at a time but you will work on a high volume of designs over the course of your career. You will work with a number of materials including steel, concrete and composites and also get involved in the assessments of existing structures
The company have a great reputation in their industry and you will join a team looking to double in size over the next year. They have recently secured long term frameworks with a key client and so can provide lots of stability and great opportunities to work on different projects.
* Designing a variety of temporary structures for key clients.
* Working on individual projects from start to finish.
* Communicating with clients and project leads.
* Using AutoCAD 2D.
* Attend site inspections / surveys as required in order to inform the design.
* Produce and maintain the Designer’s Risk Assessment and Decision Log.
* Highlight any observed non-compliances with CDM Regulations
The Draughtsperson (Temporary Works):
* Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
* Experienced in temporary works design.
* Familiarity with structural design / assessment packages.
* Confident at designing in steel and concrete.
* Knowledge of relevant British Standards, Eurocodes, and Regulatory Body standards.
* Strong working knowledge of 2D CAD.