#Job No. RM504.
Engineering Buyer (Fabrication/Machined Parts/Purchasing)
Monday to Friday
Competitive Salary + Company Pension + Company Life Assurance + 23 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays.
Engineering Buyer required for a well established design and manufacturer of bespoke machinery for industrial markets. This is a great opportunity for a hands on Engineer to move into a procurement focused role and work on a range of multi million pound projects!
The successful candidate will ideally have a background or hands on experience in an engineering/ fabrication/ machine shop style environment. You will have an interest in procurement and buying within engineering and be able to create quotations from engineering drawings. You will have a strong working knowledge of Excel and any experience using MRP systems will be highly advantageous.
Your role will be to liaise with UK suppliers over the phone to source materials for a wide variety of projects. You will work closely with design engineers on your projects to produce BOMs, negotiate prices and obtain quotations. You will initially be using Excel however training will be given on the company’s new MRP system due to be implemented at the end of the year.
The company are well established in their industry and export the majority of their products globally. Their products and manufactured on site and formed from products sourced primarily in the UK. This is a great opportunity to work in a small procurement team and gain experience working on a variety of projects.
* Liaise with UK suppliers to source materials, gain quotations and procure materials.
* Work alongside design engineers throughout the manufacturing process.
* Develop and manage supplier relationships.
* Negotiate prices and contracts.
* Working on a variety of projects to tight deadlines.
The Engineering Buyer:
* Comes from any engineering background.
* Able to read engineering drawings.
* Has an interest in procurement/ buying.
* Strong working knowledge of Excel/ MRP systems.
* Good communicator.