#Job No. MC284.
Engineering Project Manager
Central Scotland – Nationwide
£40,000 to £60,000 + Holidays + Pension + Vehicle or Mileage (Either Available)
Project Manager required for an industry leading company delivering top quality structural, mechanical and electrical projects for blue-chip manufacturers in a range of industries. This is a great opportunity to join a company who can offer long term career stability within a friendly working environment.
To be successful in this role you will have
- An unerring focus on Health, Safety and the Environment
- Strong project management experience with a record of projects delivered safely, on time, and to customers specific requirements.
- An engineering background, probably being degree qualified, and a strong understanding / expertise of mechanical, electrical and structural engineering principles
The successful candidate will work closely within a collaborative team of six project managers. The company typically has around 20 running projects so this role will be managing up to five projects directly at any given time.
You will be responsible for all project planning, managing the budget and working closely with the Design, Procurement and Fabrication functions of the company. You will act as a key point of contact for all stakeholders including Clients, Suppliers and Consultants.
The Company works nationwide from its Head Office in Scotland. Travel will be required within the role with between two and three days per week on site. A company vehicle or mileage will be provided and overnight stays are relatively infrequent.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to join a leading engineering business and to become an integral member of a friendly team. The role offers long term job security combined with the satisfaction that comes with delivering complex and varied engineering projects for a wide variety of Clients.
- Take responsibility for the safety of all staff and stakeholders of the business at all times, both on customers’ sites and at the business’s premises.
- Managing up to five projects at a time, take ownership and accountability for the successful delivery of projects safely, on time, to the Customer's satisfaction and to budget. Depending on project specific requirements, this will include:
o Project planning and scheduling
o Budget and cost control, and tracking
o Design development including survey work
o Procurement, Buying and Expediting
o Site Assistance and Quality Control
o Problem solving to hit deadlines
o Fact-based progress reporting and issue identification
- Working collaboratively and communicating widely with the other functional stakeholders both within Edwards and externally, to deliver our projects and continuously improve how the Company operates. These stakeholders include Design Team, Procurement, Fabrication Workshop, Site Engineers, Finance, Suppliers and Customers
- Over time, implementing an Account Management approach to key Customers and identifying and building relationships with new Customers across the sectors in which the Company operates
o Form relationships with key decision makers in Customer organisations
o Track major opportunities from inception
o Understand budget constraints
o Monitor organisational moves in customers
- Developing detailed Engineering Scopes and Commercial Proposals in collaboration with the wider Company team for major projects, deploying a commercial approach to pricing and risk factors
The Successful Candidate will potentially have one or more of the following:
- Degree qualified in Engineering, potentially Chartered
- Project Management certification
- SMSTS certification