#Job No. TD484.
Up to £40,000 + Holiday + Pension + Benefits
Monday to Friday (Alternating, 06:00 to 14:00 and 14:00 to 22:00) (42 Hours, with occasional weekend or night shift cover for your team)
Engineering Supervisor is required for a leading and well established logistics company who can offer an excellent opportunity for a senior engineer/supervisor to assume more responsibility whilst remaining hands on.
The Engineering Supervisor role will suit candidates from multi skilled maintenance backgrounds who have experience of managing shift engineers, contractors and stores/stock level. You will need to be flexible to work beyond the contracted hours when required (paid at time and half or time off in lieu). You will need to be comfortable managing your own diary day to day to suit the needs of the business and carry out hands on maintenance as well as ‘office based’ management tasks. You will need to have some formal electrical/Mechanical training.
The Engineering Supervisor role will involve the day to day management of 6 shift engineers and up to 12 contract/temporary staff day to day. You will manage their tasks, contractor time sheets, procurement of spares/parts, ensure H+S, Quality and other documentation is accurate and up to date. With the hands on part of your role you will be required to carry out electrical and mechanical maintenance on a semi automated warehouse, including PPM and reactive work.
* Managing a team of 6 permanent staff and up to 12 temporary staff
* Procurement of spares/parts
* Hands on maintenance of production machinery
* Experience with some level of supervision/management of a team
* Confident working in a flexible role with responsibility changing day to day
* Comfortable splitting work between office/management tasks and hands on maintenance
* FMCG/automated warehouse experience desirable
* Formal electrical/Mechanical training