#Job No. DW156.
Engineering / Prototyping Technician (Automotive)
£18,000 to £30,000 DOE + Holiday + Pension + Benefits
Engineering / Prototyping Technician required for a renowned manufacturing company in the Midlands who are looking to expand their design and development team and work on new and innovative projects. The company has also grown substantially and is working with an excellent client base.
Candidates who apply should be familiar with workshop product development projects and schedule builds, tests and use root cause analysis to identify faults. As the company works with a variety of materials such as metals, plastics, electronics and electrical equipment, experience in any of these areas would be beneficial.
This role would suit someone who has experience working with assembly processes in a manufacturing environment with some testing experience.
Your responsibilities will include rig design and build, writing test reports, prototyping and testing and using a variety of workshop tools, both power and hand tools. The company mainly supplies into the prestigious OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers so a candidate with a keen eye for quality would be beneficial.
* Design, build and set up test rigs
* Assembly work for a variety of components
* Different production volumes from low to high dependent on specific projects
* Engineering / Prototyping Technician
* Working on a variety of new and interesting ‘one off’ projects
* Apprentice trained Workshop Engineer or Technician
* Wants to progress in a forward thinking and growing company
* Ideally qualified to a relevant HNC or BTEC with knowledge of a workshop environment