#Job No. RM471.
Monday to Friday (40 hours a week)
Berwick Upon Tweed
£23,000 to £30,000 per annum + Plenty of Overtime Available + 21 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Fabricator/ Welder required for a well established engineering firm. This is a great opportunity to join a company with lots of varied, ongoing work who can offer plenty of overtime opportunities.
The successful candidate will be mechanically biased and hold a formal engineering qualification (Mechanical/ Fabrication/ Welding or equivalent). You will have previous experience of MIG and TIG welding and be competent in repair and fabrication. You will be comfortable in reading engineering drawings and using a variety of hand tools. Candidates of all experience levels are encouraged to apply whether you’ve just finished your apprenticeship or have been working in the field for many years.
Your role will be varied day to day where you will work on a range of bespoke fabrication for clients or on reactive welding repair projects. You will work to cut and manipulate steel bars, plates and other materials as required by the workshop and be able to work from engineering drawings. You will work extensively on structural steelwork projects for clients within agricultural, industrial and manufacturing companies with some work being on client sites.
The company are well established and have a good reputation in their industry for the quality of their work. They are looking to expand their team due to a steady increase in orders from longstanding clients and so have plenty of overtime opportunities on offer.
* Fabrication of bespoke projects using structural steel.
* Reactive repair on clients sites.
* Preparation and finishing of welded parts or structures.
* Varied work in the workshop and on client sites in the North East.
The Fabricator/ Welder:
* Previous experience as a fabricator/ welder.
* Experienced in MIG and TIG welding.
* Confident in using mechanical equipment such as press brakes and machine tools.
* Able to read Engineering Drawings.