#Job No. RM600.
Farm Manager (Operations/ Forestry)
Near Forres, North Scotland (Relocation Package available to the right candidate).
£45,000 per annum + 23 Days Holidays + NEST pension scheme, retail discount, MetLife Wellbeing Hub.
Farm Manager required for an established broadleaf nursery. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved at the beginning of the growing process and manage the day to day running of the site.
The successful candidate will be experienced in agriculture/ horticulture/ growing or similar environmental/ forestry background. You will ideally be able to drive a tractor/ agricultural plant and perform basic maintenance duties as required. You must be comfortable with managing a small team of people and will ideally have a good health and safety background with any qualifications highly desired.
Your role will be to oversee the growing of trees in a new nursery including planting trees, looking after saplings, harvesting and storing of saplings. You will run the day to day operations including management of between 10 and 20 nursery staff. You will get involved in pest and disease control, quality of crop management and tractor maintenance when needed
The company are well established however this is a chance to join at the beginning of a new growing project. The company market approximately 28 million trees a year to clients throughout the UK and Europe.
* Overseeing day to day operations.
* Overseeing the growing and handling of the crop.
* Pest and disease control.
* Tractor and machinery operation.
The Farm Manager:
* Experienced in crop/ agricultural/ horticulture/ environmental management.
* Strong background in Health and Safety- any qualifications highly desired.
* Confident managing a team of circa 10 to 15 people (nursery workers).