#Job No. RM577.
Telford covering Shropshire, Hereford and surrounding areas
Monday to Friday
Circa £22,000 to £28,000 per annum + Company Van + Company Phone + Company Pension + Monthly Bonus Scheme + Tools
Fibre Engineer required for a growing fibre optics provider. If you’re looking to get away from a big corporation and into a smaller company that can offer consistent work and flexibility this is the role for you.
The successful engineer will ideally have previous experience as a BT/Openreach/Fibre engineer. Those with experience of satellite/ TV installation are also encouraged to apply. Candidates will be required to pass a DBS check due to working at domestic properties. Those with Openreach accreditations are highly desired.
Your role will be split approximately 90% domestic installation work and 10% commercial installation work. You will help to connect properties to the fibre network, deciding on locations for the fibre feed, testing fibre light levels and securely running cabling. You will carry out around approximately 20 domestic install jobs and 2 commercial jobs a week. You will carry out all necessary paperwork and update records as required. As this is a customer facing role you will be required to maintain a high level of customer service.
* Installation of fibre optic broadband networks.
* Decide on a suitable location for the fibre feed and outlet (location can connect to duct or pole).
* Obtain access to the fibre feed location using ladders and pole ladders where necessary
* Securely fix and align the fibre and run cabling.
* Approximately 90% domestic and 10% commercial properties.
* Covering a Herefordshire/Shropshire patch.
* Customer facing role.
The Fibre Engineer:
* Previous experience as an Open reach engineer or fibre install engineer.
* Satellite/ TV installation engineers are also encouraged to apply.
* Experience in a customer facing role.
* Candidates will be required to pass a DBS check due to working at domestic properties.
* Experience working at height form a ladder is highly desired.