#Job No. KS65.
Senior Service Engineer (Weighing Equipment)
UK Territory – Birmingham/Manchester Central Area
£28,000 Base + Overtime + Call Out + Van (Can be used for personal use) + Laptop + Phone + Private Healthcare + 5% Company Pension + Daily Lunch Allowance + PPE + Specialist Tools + Customer Incentive Scheme
Core Hours - 39 a Week Monday to Friday
Senior Service Engineer required for a successful market leading company operating worldwide. This is a senior role in the team where you’ll be the technical expert advising customers across a range of industries.
The company look after their engineers offering an excellent benefits package and on the job product training.
The role will suit electrically biased engineers who have experience servicing and repairing products ideally in an industrial/manufacturing environment. Applicants must be able to use an electrical test meter to diagnose faults. The candidates can be from a wide range of industries including ex-forces, forklift, heavy plant, facilities maintenance etc. Maintenance Engineers looking for a days role will be suited. Candidates need to be prepared to travel as customers are based all over the UK.
The role is based from home travelling to clients sites in a wide range of industries, the role is both hands on and hands off. You’ll be visiting customers providing excellent advice/technical support and carrying out service and repair work - equipment can vary from small platform table top scales to large industrial weighbridges. You’ll also install, commission and calibrate equipment.
The company are a worldwide organisation with a fast growing in team in the UK. This is a great chance to become a competent engineer in a company that offers great benefits.
* Providing maintenance & breakdown repairs on specialist weighing equipment
* Mechanical and electrical fault finding
* Some installation and commission when needed
* Primarily covering Bristol, surrounding areas and South West when needed.
* Call out rota – approximately 1 week in 8-12 weeks
* Training in the UK and abroad
* Stay away when needed, approximately once a week
* Paid door to door
* Overtime rates paid at 1.4 – 1.8 depending when worked
* Electrically biased engineer
* Must be able to use an electrical test meter to diagnose faults
* Excellent PC skills
* Customer facing skills
* Hold an electrical or mechanical qualification
* Any experience on weighing equipment would be advantageous but not essential