#Job No. RM487.
Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm, Friday 8am to 3pm.
Up to £25,000 per annum + Contributory Pension + 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays.
Graduate Mechanical Engineer required for an established provider of hydraulic systems and services. This is a great opportunity for an engineering graduate looking to working in a design focused role in a company that can assist with industrial training and attaining chartered Engineer status.
The successful candidate will hold a degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and have a real interest in design and projects work. You will need to be confident working as part of a small team as well as individually and you will need to have some experience using 2D and 3D design software. Apprentice trained engineers with experience of CAD are also encouraged to apply.
This is a new role created due to growth and you will assist the Project Manager with producing CAD drawings in Autodesk Inventor for hydraulic and lubrication systems. You will be given all the necessary product training in order to assist the workshop and customers with technical problems. You will help to produce BOMs, formulate quotation for the Sales team and obtain quotes from suppliers.
This company is a rapidly growing small arm of a global business and so you will experience the best of both worlds, the security of a large company with the good working environment of a small team. You will receive all product training necessary and work closely alongside the Project Manager, Applications Engineer and General Manager.
* Produce CAD drawings for hydraulic and lubrication systems.
* Produce hydraulic schematics and bill of materials.
* Formulate quotations for the Sales team and liaise with suppliers to place orders.
* Assist the workshop and customers resolve technical problems.
* Reporting into the Project Manager.
The Graduate Mechanical Engineer:
* Degree in mechanical, automotive or similar transferable engineering discipline.
* Candidates from a hands on engineering background are also encouraged.
* Previous experience using 2D and 3D CAD.