#Job No. RM539.
Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
Blagdon, commutable from Bristol, Weston-super-Mare and Somerset.
Competitive Graduate Salary
Graduate Mechanical Engineer required for an established provider of hydraulic systems and services. This is a great opportunity for an engineering graduate looking to working in a design focused role in a company that can offer career progression into projects based role for the right engineer.
The successful candidate will hold a Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and have a real interest in design and projects work. You will need to be confident working as part of a small team as well as individually and you will need to have some experience using 2D and 3D design software.
Your role will be to help design and develop disruptive technology for the hydraulic and fluid power industry. The company use Creo parametric and Simulate however engineers with experience in any 3D package are encouraged to apply. You will be working on your own individual projects, making sure products can be taken through the prototyping and manufacturing process and ensuring projects can be delivered on time and within budget. You will work alongside the Engineering Director in creating conceptual 3D designs and work with the test centre in a hands on capacity, testing the products you create.
* Product design and development using Creo parametric (CAD) and Creo Simulate (FEA).
* Prototype manufacture, assembly, test and develop fluid power products.
* Cradle to grave project management.
* Liaising with manufacturing sites to create prototypes.
* Office based role supporting the test centre when required.
The Graduate Mechanical Engineer:
* Masters degree or equivalent in mechanical, automotive or similar transferable engineering discipline.
* Candidates from a hands on engineering background are also encouraged.
* Previous experience using 2D and 3D CAD.