#Job No. JS21c.
Graduate Service Engineer (Electrical/Electronic)
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire (Nationwide Coverage at client locations, candidates need be willing to be based within regular traveling distance of the Huntingdon area.)
£25,000 salary + overnight allowances and stay away payments + Premier Inn card + Van + Tools.
Travel with paid overnight stay away will be between 3 and 11 days per month depending on business needs.
Graduate Service Engineer (Electrical/Electronic) sought within a growing and successful service provider for specialist equipment within the medical industry offering comprehensive training.
The role will be suited to electrical/electronic engineers from a field service background. You will come from any industry background but must have good basic electrical fault finding experience and be able to fault to board level on electronics, full training can be provided on all mechanical elements of the role for the right person.
You will be based from the Huntingdon which you will visit frequently to collect equipment and spares as required. The company have clients on a national basis and will build the travel requirements into the working day. A degree of flexibility is required as some working weeks will be longer than others but will average at 40 hours per week. The role will be on a Monday to Friday basis with the possibility of very rare needs to cover works on a Saturday, this is not likely however. You will be working on a wide range of surgery lighting, display units and back up battery packs used in operating theatres in hospitals across the country in both the public and private sectors.
The 18th edition will be provided where needed and once obtained installation and commissioning work will become part of the role alongside the service, maintenance and repair work.
The company are a small but niche and successful business that can offer long term secure employment and full training in a specialist discipline.
The role in brief:
* Travel to hospitals on a nationwide basis carrying out specialist maintenance and repair work
* Mix of mechanical, electrical and electronic maintenance work with an emphasis on the electrical/electronic skill requirement. Training will be provided on all mechanical elements.
* Stay away from home as required between 3 and 11 days per month, additional pay and allowances apply.
The Person Required:
* An experienced service engineer with good basic electrical fault finding and electronic fault finding to board level
* Willing to be based with regular travelling distance of the Huntingdon Cambridgeshire area
* Hold formal training in an electrical/electronic discipline, 18th edition will be provided if not held.