#Job No. RM592A.
Group Financial Accountant
Based in Earlston, Scotland
£40,000 to £50,000 + Bonus Scheme + Contributory Pension + Company Sick Pay + 23 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Group Financial Accountant required for an established manufacturer. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company at a senior level in a broad and varied accounting role.
The successful accountant will be a fully qualified accountant ideally with a degree. You will have a good all round knowledge of financial accountancy including Cash management, year-end accounts, budgeting and forecasting and monthly management accounts. Those from manufacturing/ production or transferable backgrounds are highly desired but not essential.
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, you will be responsible for group financial reporting including preparing 13 week rolling cash forecasts, payables and receivables. You will manage Year-End accounts, identify and mitigate financial control risks and prepare quarterly forecasts to be presented to directors, the bank and auditors. This is a senior level role in the business and you will liaise with senior managers at the company’s other UK sites.
The company are the largest service provider in their industry in the UK and can offer long term career stability.
* Preparation of quarterly rolling cash forecasts.
* Providing timely Group management accounts for review and taking responsibility for UK Group Corporate Overheads.
* Manage detailed year-end audit support in the UK, ensuring supporting reconciliations and records are available.
* Identifying and mitigating financial control risks, whilst also ensuring the follow-up and resolution of external audit control points.
* Budgeting and forecasts.
The Financial Accountant:
* Qualified accountant.
* Ideally holds a relevant finance/ accounting degree.
* Experience with ANY payroll software, Mitrefinch desired.
* Candidates with accounting experience in a manufacturing/ production or similar environment are highly desired.