#Job No. RM563.
Health and Safety (Control of Works/ Chemicals)
Monday to Friday (40 hours a week)
£40,000 to £45,000 per annum + Company Pension + Private Medical + Life Assurance + Flexi-Time + On Site Medical Centre + 25 Days Leave + Bank Holidays.
Health and Safety Coordinator required for a successful manufacturer. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a varied role with a high level of responsibility and project coordination opportunities.
The successful candidate will have relevant Health and Safety/ Risk Assessment/ Control of Works experience in a similar process driven industry for example oil and gas and/or chemical manufacturing. You will have significant experience of carrying out risk assessments in hazardous environments and any experience of using RAP and GP Dynamics software would be advantageous. You will have a strong working knowledge of Health and Safety practices and any qualifications to support this are highly desired.
Your role will be to ensure systems of work are in place to ensure any work carried out across engineering, infrastructure or utilities department are carried out in a safe manner. You will help to prepare, co-ordinate and authorise the Control of Work activities for scheduled engineering/ non-production activities, primarily planned work, shutdowns and decontaminations schedules.
The company are well established in their industry and can provide custom manufacturing to their global customers in the agricultural, agrochemical and chemical industries.
The Health and Safety Control of Works Role:
* Prepare, co-ordinate and authorise the Control of Work activities.
* Help to set in place systems of work in order to keep the work safe.
* Co-ordinate work activities across engineering, infrastructures, utilities and non-production areas.
* To act as a designated person for excavations.
* To provide point of contact for third party contractor visits.
The Health and Safety Coordinator:
* Experience in a relevant process driven environment i.e. chemicals/ oil and gas.
* Strong knowledge of Health & Safety practices.
* Proven background of risk assessments within a hazardous environment.
* Any experience in RAP and GP Dynamics software is highly advantageous but not essential.