#Job No. MH937.
HGV Chargehand / HGV Workshop Supervisor
Circa £14.25 per hour + Overtime + Pension Contributions
Monday to Friday 8:00 to 17:30
HGV Chargehand / HGV Workshop Supervisor sought within growing company offering ongoing training and development and career development opportunities.
Due to continued growth and expansion an opportunity has arisen for an experienced HGV Technician with lead experience to step into the Chargehand role.
You will either have proven Chargehand / Workshop Supervisor level experience or be ready to take this step in your career now. You must hold a level 3 motor vehicle qualification and hold and a HGV Class 2 licence.
The role will be predominantly as a hands on, leading member of the team in the Romsey workshop. This will comprise of 6 or 7 HGV technicians and you will oversee the quality of their work prior to MOT checks to ensure the highest possible rate of pass first time on MOT. You will also carry out a variety of repair and PDI/PMI work.
The company have experienced huge growth in both fleet size and headcount over recent years and employ approximately 900 people across 17 locations with approximately 100 of these based from the Romsey location. The company very much invest in their staff and boast a very high staff retention rate.
The role in brief:
* Chargehand role in HGV workshop environment
* Responsible for overseeing and maintaining quality of work for a small team (6/7) of technicians.
* Work towards quality standards and pass 1st time rates on MOTS
* Carryout and oversee repair PMI/PDI work
* An experienced HGV technician with leadership experience or ready to take the step into a Chargehand role
* Must hold a level 3 or equivalent motor vehicle qualification and a Class 2 HGV licence.