#Job No. JS2a.
HGV Technician (Workshop)
Up to £28,000 Base OTE £35,000 + 24 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Company Pension + PPE
Monday to Friday 08:30 to 16:30 with an early finish on Friday, excellent overtime opportunities paid at premium rates.
HGV Technician required for an industry leading service provider who can provide an excellent opportunity to join a skilled team and the opportunity to maximise your earnings with overtime and formal training.
The role would suit candidates with a mechanical engineering background with experience working on HGV’s.
On a day to day basis you will be carrying out testing and inspection on a fleet of 300 vehicles and ensuring they are roadworthy; this will also involve repair work on these vehicles. This could include hydraulic, pneumatic, welding and some electrical fault-finding work. You will be needed to complete paperwork and be in line with health and safety requirements.
You will join a team of 10 Workshop Engineers operating in a small company which is part of a large group. The company has been growing steadily over the last few years and heavily promote internal progression. This is an opportunity to join a company where you can improve your skills and progress well.
• Test and inspection on a large fleet of tanker trailers
• Repairs to ensure the vehicles are in line with health and safety standards
• Maintenance, hydraulics, discharge pumps, donkey engines, pneumatic and welding and fabrication work
• Mechanically qualified HGV engineer minim of five years’ experience
• Experience of test, repairs and diagnostic on vehicles