#Job No. TW423.
Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical)
3 Shift Pattern, Nights, Afternoons, Earlies.
£34,000 to £37,000 DOE + Overtime Paid at Premium + 33 Days Holiday + Life Assurance + Health Care Cash Back Scheme + Training and Development Opportunities
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer required for a renowned manufacturer. They offer a role with a personable working environment and great opportunities for further training both internally from the highly skilled team and via external courses.
This role also offers opportunities for extra earnings through overtime paid at a premium rate (up to 10 hours a week and during weekends).
The successful Maintenance Engineer will have strong machinery engineering knowledge being able to fault find, service and repair mechanically. You will need to be able to read mechanical drawings, will have some workshop or fabrication experience and be familiar with rotating machinery. You will need some previous exposure to manufacturing, ideally a fast paced environment. Those with Electrical skills would be advantageous, although training can be provided.
This is a great opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer with mechanical skills to join a highly skilled team, where you will further your electrical skills and develop yourself as a whole.
The Maintenance Engineer Role:
* Mechanically biased role working across various areas of production from materials processing, folding lines, gluing, automated systems and packaging.
* 50/50 split between Reactive and Pre Planned Maintenance.
* Working on bearings, conveyors, pneumatics, motors, gears, rollers, hydraulics and steam systems.
* Some fabrication work required.
* Fault finding of machinery and reading/interpreting mechanical drawings.
* Documenting all maintenance tasks completed.
* Working aside one other Maintenance Engineer on every shift.
The Successful Maintenance Engineer:
* Mechanically biased Maintenance Engineer
* You will have strong machinery engineering knowledge being able to fault find, service and repair mechanically.
* You will need to be able to read mechanical drawings, will have some fabrication experience and will be familiar with rotating machinery.
* You will need some previous exposure to manufacturing, ideally a fast paced environment.
* Those with electrical skills would be advantageous, although training can be provided.