#Job No. EA138.
Competitive Salary + Overtime Opportunities paid at Premium Rate + Holidays + Bank Holidays + Pension + Life Assurance
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm, with alternative hours available at increased rate of pay.
Manual Machinist required for a well renowned and well established engineering solutions company who are continuing to grow. They offer a varied role within a good team environment with increased potential earnings with lots of overtime available.
The successful Manual Machinist will be an experienced Manual Machinist from a mechanical machine tool/workshop environment. Candidates with ANY heavy industrial experience are encouraged to apply. You must have experience of any of the following manual lathes; turning, milling, boring and key waying. Applicants must be able to interpret engineering drawings.
The Manual Machinist will be predominantly workshop based in Avonmouth. Your jobs for the day will be distributed by the Workshop Manager and Workshop Supervisor, you will work on planned jobs and reacting to incoming urgent jobs. The role will primarily be machining broken parts, making repairs and working on manufacturing new parts. You will be working on a range of mechanical parts such as pumps, motors, prop shafts and drives and working on projects ranging from £1,000 to £500,000 in value.
The Manual Machinist:
* Manual machining and repairs to mechanical parts
* Predominantly workshop based working alongside 6 others with occasional travel required to client sites across the South West
* Pre planned jobs and reactive work depending on client urgency
* 1 Shift per week 2pm – 10pm
* Working on average 1 in 4/5 weekends, paid at overtime rate
* 37.5 hours per week basic. Overtime is available
The Successful Manual Machinist:
* Must have previous experience in a mechanical machine shop environment
* Must have experience working on manual machinery
* Must be able to interpret engineering drawings