#Job No. PM529.
Competitive Salary + Overtime Opportunities paid at Premium Rate (Circa £50,000 Realistic OTE) + Holidays + Bank Holidays + Pension + Life Assurance
You can earn over £50,000 a year by working lots of overtime in this manual machinist role.
Manual Machinist required for a well renowned and well established engineering solutions company who are continuing to grow. They offer a varied role within a good team environment with increased potential earnings with lots of overtime available.
To apply for the role, you must be an experienced manual machinist from a mechanical machine tool/workshop environment. Candidates with ANY heavy industrial experience are encouraged to apply. You must have experience of any of the following manual lathes; turning, milling, boring and keywaying. Applicants must be able to interpret engineering drawings.
The role will be predominantly workshop based in Avonmouth with the occasional requirement to travel to customer site (fully expensed van provided for trips.) Your jobs for the day will be distributed by the Workshop Manager, you will work on planned jobs and reacting to incoming urgent jobs. The role will primarily be machining broken parts and making repairs but occasionally you will be working on manufacturing new parts. You will be working on a range of mechanical parts such as pumps, motors, prop shafts and drives and working on projects ranging from £1,000 to £500,000 in value.
* Manual machining and repairs to mechanical parts
* Predominantly workshop based working alongside 5 others with occasional travel required to client sites across the South West.
* Pre planned jobs and reactive work depending on client urgency
* Working on average 1 in 4/5 Saturday mornings, paid at overtime rate
* 37.5 hours per week but up to 60 hours available with voluntary overtime
* Must have previous experience in a mechanical machine shop environment
* Must have experience working on manual machinery
* Must be able to interpret engineering drawings