#Job No. RM501.
Materials Controller (Stock / Stores)
Monday to Friday 40 hours
£25,000 to £35,000 per annum + Company Pension + 28 Days holiday
Materials Controller required for a successful independent manufacturer of prestige products. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that is growing and rewards hard work.
The successful candidate will be an experienced materials/ stock controller from any manufacturing or engineering stores background. You will ideally be experienced working with low stock margins and be confident liaising with suppliers in the UK and Europe over the telephone and via email. You will have experience of working with any ERP/ MRP system as training will be provided on their specific system.
Your role will be placed within the warehousing and stock department of two factories approximately 15 minutes apart. The company run approximately 3 weeks ahead of production schedule as most of their products are bespoke to the customer. You will get involved with purchasing and liaising with suppliers, inventory reporting, control of materials and updating the ERP. Approximately 75% of their materials are sourced in the UK with the rest being sourced in Europe.
The company are well established and offer a driven, friendly working environment. The role has an attractive starting salary in a growing environment with new product lines due to be launched at the end of the year.
* Plan/coordinate scheduling, materials and production planning in an efficient manner
* Operating and maintaining ERP systems in line with customer and business requirements
* Updating and maintenance of bill of materials
* Prepare new/special product costings as required
* Working within the Stores team, liaising closely with buyers and the production team
* Analysing production records to benchmark the profitability of each work order.
The Materials Controller:
* Experienced in inventory management/ material/ stock control
* Strong background in ANY Manufacturing or Engineering stores background
* Experienced in ANY ERP/ MRP system
* Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines