#Job No. JS105.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
£35,000 to £40,000 + Pension + 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holiday + Bike2work Scheme + Internal Training
Mechanical Design Engineer required for a successful family run manufacturing business. This is a great opportunity to be part of an innovative, fast paced and progressive company.
The role would be suited to a mechanically minded design engineer from a sheet metal, stainless steel and / or structural metal design backgrounds. You will have strong 3D design package experience in SolidWorks or other 3D CAD package along with sound mechanical engineering grounding.
The role will involve intensive learning our products and processes, modifying components, liaising with production teams and engineers for product improvement purposes and hands on prototyping. Eventually there will be more conceptual design work once fully settled into the role and once an understanding of the products and processes has been established. You will work within a small design team and liaise closely with the Senior Design Engineer and Managing Director.
* Mechanical design role using sheet metal
* Primarily work on SolidWorks
* Working in a small team and completing tasks to a high standard
* Strong mechanical engineering background
* Experience using SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD package
* Sheet metal, stainless steel and / or structural metal design backgrounds