#Job No. JS255.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Competitive Salary + Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holiday + Pension
Mechanical Design Engineer required for a market leader in the design of bespoke manufacturing equipment.
The Mechanical Design Engineer role would be suited to mechanical design engineers from sheet metal, stainless steel and / or structural metal design backgrounds. You will have a sound mechanical engineering grounding and will be conversant with engineering calculations for structural solutions within a design for manufacture environment. You will have strong 3D design package experience on SolidWorks.
The Mechanical Design Engineer role will involve both concept and re modification design work using stainless steel materials. Some of the parts are standard however some of the role will involve work with bespoke parts. You will be working to structural standards and liaising with customers and suppliers to ensure drawings are met in line with technical specification provided.
The company produce a specialist range of machinery for manufacturing and leisure industry sectors and offer comprehensive internal training. You will work within a successful team of 5 who take a proactive lead in managing the preparation of drawings, parts lists and other documents for a range of products.
The Mechanical Design Engineer Role:
* Mechanical design role using steel materials
* Primarily work on SolidWorks
* Working in a team of 7 to ensure all technical specifications are completed to a high standard
The Mechanical Design Engineer:
* Strong mechanical design background
* Strong experience in 3D design on SolidWorks
* Have engineering qualifications and/or experience
* Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines