#Job No. TD392.
Mechanical Design Engineer
£30,000 to £40,000 + Company Pension + 25 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays + Company Performance Related Bonus + Training
Hours: 8:15 to 17:00, Monday to Thursday, 8:00 to 14:00 on Fridays
A Mechanical Design Engineer is required for a growing engineering team in a successful international company. The company is offering a technical and varied role – as well as design you also get involved in manufacturing & assembly.
The Mechanical Design Engineer required will have both 3D & 2D experience (SolidWorks and Solid Edge would be beneficial).
The Design Engineering role will be primarily using SolidWorks design package, spending 80% of your time within the Manufacturing team, designing Jigs and Fixtures as well as the final products. You will be required to design, assemble and conduct the relevant tests to achieve manufacturing goals. The drawings you will undertake will be from both concept and re-modification. Creation of BOM’s and some assistance in coaching/mentoring Apprentices will be required. The other 20% of your time will be spent within the Product design team, providing assistance in design new product.
The company are very successful and have recently acquired several companies in the UK and overseas. This is a great opportunity to work in a company with ground breaking technology.
The Mechanical Design Engineer Role:
* 3D & 2D Design (Primarily using SolidWorks)
* 80% of time spent within Manufacturing Team & 20% in the Product Design team
* Design, assemble and test of Jigs and Fixtures
* Design from concept and remodelling
* Some mentoring of apprentices
The Mechanical Design Engineer:
* Mechanical Engineering background
* Will have 3D & 2D experience (any SolidWorks and/or Solid Edge experience would be beneficial).
* Hands on assembly background will be highly beneficial