#Job No. TW468A.
Mechanical Design Engineer (Subsea)
£40,000 to £55,000 + Pension + 31 days Holiday + Tech Scheme + Cycle to Work + Benefits
Mechanical Design Engineer required by a subsea specialist that is renowned for offering market leading products. On offer is the chance to join a collaborative team and work on a technically advanced product range.
The successful candidate will be an experienced 2D & 3D Mechanical Design Engineer from the subsea sector. The company utilise AutoCAD, Solidworks and Draftsight in-house. You will have a good understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems.
The role will involve the preparation of 2D and 3D detailed design drawings. You will develop equipment specifications and performance requirements. You will design new components from scratch and will modify existing products to meet requirements. You will carry out hand calculations and produce technical documents to accompany your designs. The role also involves purchase of components and technical liaison with colleagues.
This is a great chance to join an innovative employer that are in expansion mode. They are set to have another great year and are aiming to grow their team by around 40%.
The Mechanical Design Engineer role:
* Preparation of 2D and 3D detailed design drawings.
* Development of equipment specifications and performance requirements.
* Creation of drawing packages for component manufacture.
* Updating of drawing packages for electrical and hydraulic systems.
* Design of mechanical components and assessment of design suitability using hand calculations.
* Create and maintain supporting documentation including assembly/arrangement drawings, maintenance procedures, operation and equipment operating manuals.
* Source and select materials to allow for effective design optimisation.
* Prepare test and operational procedures, and quality management documentation.
* Technical Liaison with colleagues, clients and suppliers.
The Mechanical Design Engineer:
* Previous experience within the subsea sector.
* Proficient in the use of 3D / 2D design software (ideally AutoCAD, Solidworks and Draftsight).
* Good understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems.
* Strong communication skills – both written and verbal are essential.
* Knowledge of the standards used for the design and build of equipment for the oil and gas sector is advantageous.
* A relevant Degree or equivalent is advantageous.