#Job No. TW423a.
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
3 Shift Pattern, Nights, Afternoons, Earlies.
£34,000 to £37,000 DOE + Overtime Paid at Premium + 33 Days Holiday + Life Assurance + Health Care Cash Back Scheme + Training and Development Opportunities
Mechanical Maintenance Technician required for a renowned manufacturer. On offer is a personable working environment, opportunities for electrical training and the chance to earn extra income through voluntary overtime.
The successful Mechanical Maintenance Technician will be able to fault find, service and repair mechanically. You will need to be able to read mechanical drawings and have some previous exposure to manufacturing, ideally in a fast paced environment.
Whilst electrical skills would be advantageous, comprehensive training can be provided. This is a great opportunity to join a highly skilled team and further your electrical skills.
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician Role:
* Mechanically biased role working across various areas of production.
* 50/50 split between Reactive and Pre Planned Maintenance.
* Working on bearings, conveyors, pneumatics, motors, gears, rollers, hydraulics and steam systems.
* Fault finding of machinery and reading/interpreting mechanical drawings.
* Documenting all maintenance tasks completed.
* Working aside one other Mechanical Maintenance Technician on every shift.
* Opportunities for extra earnings through overtime paid at a premium rate (up to 10 hours a week and during weekends).
The Successful Mechanical Maintenance Technician:
* Experienced Mechanical Maintenance Technician
* You will have strong machinery engineering knowledge being able to fault find, service and repair mechanically.
* You will need some previous exposure to manufacturing, ideally a fast paced environment.
* You will need to be able to read mechanical drawings, will ideally have some fabrication experience and will be familiar with rotating machinery.
* Those with electrical skills would be advantageous, although training can be provided.