#Job No. RM575.
Mechanical Product Design Engineer
£35,000 to £40,000 per annum + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Company Pension + Cycle to Work Scheme + Free Parking
Mechanical Product Design Engineer required for an innovative manufacturer. This is a great opportunity to design exciting new mechatronic products for consumer use in one of the UK’s fastest growing companies.
The successful candidate will be an experienced 3D design engineer with experience working with plastic injection moulded parts. The company use SolidWorks however candidates with relevant experience with ANY 3D CAD package are encouraged to apply. You will ideally hold a HNC or higher in mechanical engineering and have experience designing mechatronic/ mechanical/ medical equipment.
Your role will be to design mechatronic products for consumer use. You will design both the product (ergonomic use/ appearance) and the mechanical functions working primarily with high quality plastics. You will join a small team so you will be involved with managing projects from cradle to grave where you will work to test and validate prototypes and help to create project documentation.
The company are a leading developer of electronic products that can be found in major retailers and distributed worldwide.
* Designing products from concept through to manufacture.
* Modifying existing products.
* Ensuring products are suitable for mass production.
* Testing and validation of prototype and pre-production parts.
* Reporting to the Senior Product Design Engineer.
The Mechanical Product Design Engineer:
* Experienced 3D Design Engineer.
* Experience designing with plastics parts for injection moulding.
* Ideally holds a HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
* Any experience of Surface modelling highly desired.