#Job No. JP4.
Product Design Engineer (Junior)
£20,000 to £26,000 DOE + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension
Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 17:30
A Junior Product Design Engineer is required for a rapidly growing company who produce products for a global market. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career within a progressive company and learn on the job whilst being surrounded by a pool of senior designers with a high skill base.
The Junior Product Design Engineer will need to have a degree in Product Design or equivalent. Applicants with a placement year or transferable industry experience will have a considerable advantage. To apply for the role, you must have 3D SolidWorks experience.
Working within the New Product Development team, the Junior Product Design role will involve working to project briefs supplied by 3rd parties, within strict timeframes and to budget restrictions. You will liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to both work to briefs and improve your own skills. The role[LS1] [JP2] will involve 3D product design predominantly using SolidWorks CAD packages using a range of different materials and rendering. You will also get involved with a wide range of testing due to the diverse range of environments the products are supplied to. You will progress within the company and have responsibility/direct accountability for the projects you work on.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive and growing manufacturer. You’ll be part of a highly skilled team, who can help progress and develop the successful applicants’ skills set. You will be working within a state of the art facility and have opportunity to take on more responsibility as you establish yourself within the role.
The Junior Product Design Role:
* 3D Design using packages such as SolidWorks, Keyshot and Grabcad.
* New Product Development within a fast paced environment.
* Opportunity to learn about designing products for outdoor environments
* Opportunity to learn about a wide range of manufacturing methods.
* Be part of a company looking to grow.
* On the job training/technical progression will be available
The Junior Product Designer:
* Must have a Product Design Degree or equivalent
* Applicants with a placement year or transferable industrial experience will have a considerable advantage
* Will ideally have basic electrical and mechanical knowledge
* Self -motivated and willing to learn
* Time management
* Attention to detail
* Design for manufacture knowledge, including Injection molding, Casting and Extrusion.
* Good communication skills, communication through sketching, renders, presentation skills.
* Good management of internal and external customers.