#Job No. EA85a.
Product Development Manager (Testing)
£45,000 to £65,000 DOE + Bi-Annual Bonus + Pension + Life Assurance + Holidays + Bank Holidays
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
Product Development Manager required by an established international business that is renowned for its innovative product range.
The Product Development Manager position will suit experienced candidates with an understanding or either electro/mechanical tools or similar consumer products. You will need previous experience of compliance and verification to EU standards. You will also need some previous leadership experience. A relevant Electrical or Mechanical qualification will be required. Those who have experience as either a Product Development engineer or a Manufacturing Engineer working with electro/mechanical products are also encouraged to apply.
The award-winning business are a stable and well-known company with an international presence. Their products are certified and compliant to stringent international standards and have a great reputation with customers. This is an exciting role as it’s a senior position, involve where you will be at the forefront of new products coming into the retail market.
This role offers the chance to develop new products to be sold internationally for a true market leader.
The Product Development Manager:
* Testing the safety, design, performance and compliance of new products.
* Compiling reports / findings on all tests conducted.
* Updating product test log and technical files.
* Ensure corrective actions raised on product evaluations are checked and prioritised.
* Provide information on product standards and EU legislation for the product range.
* Leading a team of 5-6 test engineers, having full management responsibilities over the team.
* Organised, scheduling and prioritising work based, on product requirements and urgency.
* Using a variety of testing tools, mostly electrical testing being a 70/30 split between electrical and mechanical.
The Successful Product Development Manager:
* Understanding of electro/mechanical tools or alternatively ANY electro/mechanical consumer product.
*Understanding of quality standards & legislation.
*Those who have experience as either a Product Development engineer or a Manufacturing Engineer working with electro/mechanical products are also encouraged to apply.
* Previous leadership or senior experience.
* Previous product testing experience.