#Job No. TD458.
Competetive Salary + Holiday + Pension + Training and Development
Monday to Friday 40 hour week
Production Manager required for a very successful electrical engineering company who can offer an excellent opportunity to join a skilled workforce, where you can make a huge contribution to improvements in the processes.
The Production Manager role will suit candidates from any background who are confident managing teams of skilled and semi skilled employees. You will need to be confident working with the Managing Director to implement and drive improvement plans/processes. The company design and manufacture light electrical products, so any electrical knowledge would be very beneficial, however is not essential. Candidates looking to step up from a team leader/supervisor role are encouraged to apply!!
The Production Manager role will involve the direct management of 3 team leaders and the overall management of 40 staff. The role will focus on lean practices to help improve the current process and improve efficiency, with better lead times, lower costs whilst achieving higher quality. You will be involved in production planning/scheduling and will be responsible for budget control and reports.
* Reduce lead time of product cycles
* Work with senior management, team leaders and the shop floor to create a more efficient production process
* Using lean practices reduce costs and improve quality
* From any background with experience of managing skilled and semi skilled teams (electrical knowledge beneficial, but not essential)
* Confident using lean principles and encouraging continuous improvement