#Job No. RM477.
Monday to Thursday 7.45am to 4:15pm, Friday 7.45am to 12.45pm
£26,000 to £29,000 per annum + Contributory Pension Scheme + Profit Related Bonus + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Production Planner required for a successful heavy industry manufacturer. This is a great opportunity to join a growing manufacturer who are well renowned in their industry and have exciting plans over the next 12 months.
The successful candidate will be an experienced production planner from any heavy industry/ industrial manufacturing environment. You will be comfortable being shop floor based and liaising with all elements of production, sales, stock and engineering. You will be experienced in Excel and ERP systems and have a strong knowledge of capacity planning tools.
Your role will be heavily based on the shop floor as you will manage the production planning process within a specific division of the factory. You will help to develop production schedules, effectively plan to minimise production constraints and clearly communicate production capacity. The company currently use Excel to manage their production however they are investing in a new ERP system which will be bought in in 12 months’ time so you will be vital to helping to implement this across site. As you will be shop floor based you will be a key liaison point between sales, purchasing, production and engineering.
The company are well established in their industry supplying Ministry of Defence, Energy and Oil and Has Industries across the globe. The company have recently received significant investment and you will be joining at a key point for the business.
The Role in brief:
* Shop floor based.
* Manage the production planning process across your division.
* Receive and process customer orders/schedules, clearly communicating capacity, availability, constraints and operational changes.
* Assist in daily production meetings focusing on arrears reduction, OTIF and total customer satisfaction.
* Collect and assess data about the production and team's performance.
The Production Planner:
* Comes from any heavy/ industrial engineering background.
* Proven experience as a production planner.
* Confident using Excel/ ERP systems.
* Strong and confident communicator.