#Job No. JS82.
Production Team Leader
£21,000 + Overtime (Not guaranteed, paid at time and a half) + 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Life Assurance + Pension + Staff discounts with local businesses
Monday to Friday – Rotating day shift (06:00-14:30, 13:30-22:00) – 39 Hours a week
Production Team Leader required for a market leading manufacturing company who offer great internal training and a varied role.
The Production Team Leader role would be suited to a candidate with previous experience within ANY manufacturing environment and must have some level of leadership experience. Candidates must have great communication skills and be comfortable in taking the accountability for ensuring good quality of production output.
The Production Team Leader role involves being responsible for a production team of 13 and monitoring the productivity of the shift across a number of different production machines which includes machines that blend powdered ingredients, tablet presses, capsule machines and coating machines. The role involves ensuring operatives are carrying out all intended tasks to a high standard, maintaining compliance with all production checks and in line with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practise) standards. You will be required to ensure run rates are maintained and machines are in good working order. Production documentation and reporting is vital and the role also involves resolving issues with product quality so being a good problem solver is beneficial. This role is fully hands on and so having strong people and supervision skills are key.
The Production Team Leader Role:
* Oversee a production line of circa 13 operatives
* Completing various line changes/checks
* Completing production documentation
* Ensuring any machine issues are investigated and kept to a minimum, in conjunction with the site engineering team.
* Ensuring the productivity of the shift is consistent and achieve the production schedule
* Work closely with the Manufacturing Manager to report and resolve any production or staff issues.
The Production Team Leader:
* English and maths to GCSE or equivalent level
* Experience in any manufacturing/production environment
* Experience in food or pharmaceutical industry would be beneficial
* Experience of Quality Assurance
* Any level of leadership experience