#Job No. EA112a.
Quality Inspector (Trainee Compliance)
Competitive Salary + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Development and Training
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Quality Inspector required due to significant development and growth of an industry leader specialising in the design, manufacture and supply of robust, highly efficient lighting products. This position offers a personable working environment and a varied role, with great opportunities for further development and training.
The successful Quality Inspector will ideally come from a manufacturing background with experience in a laboratory (reading & interpreting test results). You will also have an understanding of electrical components. You will need to have experience of documenting test or compliance data. Those who have a Quality Inspector/Controller background would transfer well. Any product verification experience would be significantly advantageous, although training can be provided. You will need to be a confident communicator able to work cross functionally. Any form of electrical qualifications would support applicants but this is not essential.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful business supplying into: rail transportation, custodial facilities, secure health facilities, social housing and urban exterior.
* Supporting the compliance manager with the compilation and maintenance of technical construction files and product compliance data, as well as verification of products.
* Liaising between: internal and external test labs Design teams, Production teams, as well as customers & suppliers.
* Recording all test data from the testing team, creating test files and organising information to be readily accessible.
* Organising testing schedules for new products and the retesting products through the testing department or 3rd party testing/verification bodies.
* Ensuring products meet client specifications and reporting back to the various departments with any issues/faults.
* Assisting with the design of gear trays or making installation instruction sheets.
The Successful Quality Inspector:
* You will have an understanding of electrical components.
* You will need to have experience of documenting test or compliance, although those who have a Quality Inspector/Controller background would transfer well.
* Any product verification experience would be significantly advantageous, although training can be provided.
* You will need to be a confident communicator able to work cross functionally.
* Experience with CAD would be ideal.