Quality Manager (Food Manufacturing)
Circa £45,000 + Bonus +Pension + Life Assurance + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Company Sick Pay
Monday to Friday DAYS role
Quality Manager required for one of Europe’s largest food manufacturers, the company are growing year on year. This role is available due to internal promotion, as a business they continuously grow, develop and invest in their staff.
This is an excellent opportunity to add value to an established business and drive improvements across the site. You will ensure quality standards are maintained and improvements are implemented.
The Quality Manager Role:
- Driving and supporting an effective quality / food safety culture within all areas.
- To ensure an effective HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) plan is maintained for all site operations.
- Maintaining an effective Quality Management System across all aspects of site operation.
- Developing and maintaining an effective internal quality auditing programme.
- Driving continuous improvement in the standards of hygiene and housekeeping throughout the site through involvement and ownership by all staff.
- Ensuring compliance with any required customer codes of practice and certification standards (e.g. BRC).
- Leading customer and regulatory audits of the site ensuring the site, processes and systems are at the standard required for unannounced audits.
- To progressively make the work environment safer through Risk assessments, hazard registers and elimination of hazards in the workplace.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Degree or equivalent in Food Technology / Food Science or equivalent
- Leadership experience in a similar role
- Experience in a food production environment
- Strong organisation, planning and problem solving skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills