#Job No. JD404b.
Quality Technician (Food)
£23,000 to £26,000 Basic Salary + 5% Matched Company Pension + 24 Days Holiday Plus Bank Holidays
Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm, Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
Specifications Technologist required for a rapidly growing, international food manufacturer. The company manufacture for leading supermarkets and restaurants, they are able to offer long term stability and a fast paced, challenging role.
The successful candidate will be a hold a Degree or equivalent in Food Technology or a similar food related discipline, or will have working experience in a food/specification technologist role. Candidates with professional experience in this capacity are encouraged to apply though Graduates with no working experience will still be considered.
In this role you will report to the Technical Leader and will work in a technical team with 3 other staff. Your role will be varied and interesting and you will have the opportunity to develop and learn multiple different skills. Primarily you will be focused on ensuring all specifications (ingredients, nutritional info, and allergens) are always up to date and fully traceable, and that customers are aware of any changes. You will have shared responsibility for maintaining the Recipe Management system and supplier database, and will be required to communicate with customers and suppliers frequently.
The company are a renowned food manufacturer who produce primarily for leading supermarket and restaurant chains, they are well known for the quality of their products. On offer rewarding role where you will perform a crucial function within the business, whilst receiving full support for your professional development.
* Working in Technical team of 3, reporting to the Technical Leader
* Ensuring all specifications are fully up to date and traceable
* Working with the NPD team to produce full specifications
* Maintaining Recipe Management system and supplier database
* Customer and supplier liaison
* Qualified to Degree or equivalent level in a food related discipline, or have equivalent working experience
* Candidates with professional experience in a similar capacity are encouraged to apply though
* Graduates with no working experience will still be considered