Senior Automation Engineer
£45k - 50k per year
Senior Automation Engineer (SCADA / PLC / SQL / Electrical Controls)
£45,000 - £50,000 + Overtime (OTE is likely to be between £55,000 and £62,500) + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension
Senior Automation Engineer required with an in-depth knowledge of PLC controls and/or SCADA for a well-respected automation and control systems company.
This role is a varied and challenging mix of both overseeing projects and direct project involvement. The company are keen to upskill their existing automation engineers and you will aid in this. The company continually invests in its staff and gives excellent training and development. The business regularly sends staff on manufacturer training courses and offers great in-house skills coaching.
As a senior member of the team you will assist, mentor and train Automation Engineers to ensure that industrial automation solutions are delivered to the highest standards. You will also get directly involved in the company's most high value and complex projects.
You will see projects through from inception to commissioning handover at client sites.
The Senior Automation Engineer role:
* Cradle to grave project management of PLC and/or SCADA based control and automation systems.
* 80% office based and 20% travel (Pool car will be provided and all travel arranged).
* Face to face, telephone and e-mail client contact.
* Working on a number of projects simultaneously ranging in value between £20,000 to £500,000.
* Production of technical documentation (e.g. product specifications and quality plans).
The Senior Automation Engineer:
* Strong experience in any of the following SCADA / PLC / SQL / Automation / Electrical Controls.
* Able to train, mentor and supervise Automation Engineers.
* Able to write complex programmes from scratch on ANY manufacturers software.