#Job No. MC276.
Senior Automation Engineer
Stockport, Nationwide/International Travel
Circa £50,000 + Pay for Weekend Work + Training + Progression + 20 Days Holiday (Increasing By 1 Day Each Year for 5 years totalling 25 days Max) + Bank Holidays
Senior automation engineer required to join an innovative materials handling company who are the number one in what they do! This is an exciting opportunity to join a company who can offer a long term career development whilst providing the opportunity to travel the globe.
To apply for this role you will have PLC programming experience on ANY PLC model. You can come from ANY background but candidates who have experience in a lead engineering role will hold an advantage though this is NOT essential as the company are willing to look at someone looking to take a step up.
The successful candidate will spend 80% of their time based at the company’s head office based in Stockport where PLC programming from scratch will take place. This will involve working with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs. The other 20% of your time will be spent at the site of the installation project where you will follow installation teams to commission and set up the PLCs, modifying and fault finding where necessary.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of six automation engineers as a senior member of the team. You will be responsible for helping to mentor the team and will be responsible for ensuring that all paperwork is completed.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a PLC programmer to join an industry leading company who truly value their staff and can offer long term career development.
*PLC programming and commissioning
*80% office based in Stockport, 20% travelling UK and internationally
*Experience programming ANY PLC
*From ANY background