Apply for Vacancy

Senior Maintenance Engineer

Senior Maintenance Engineer

#Job No. MC301a.

  • Location:


  • Salary:

    £38k - 40k per year

  • Type:


Job Description:

Senior Maintenance Engineer (Project/Improvement)


£38,000 to £40,000 + Holidays + Pension + Training + Career Development

DAYS based role – 37 Hours per week

Senior Maintenance engineer looking for a project/improvement focused role required for a leading manufacturer in the food industry. This is a great opportunity for a maintenance engineer to join and become an integral part of company who are undergoing heavy investment into their site.

To apply for this role you will be a multiskilled engineer with either bias however you MUST have a basic understanding of both mechanical and electrical engineering and come from a food background. You will have a knowledge of 3phase electrics, pneumatics and candidates with any PLC knowledge will hold an advantage.

For the next two years this role will be focused on overseeing the expansion plans and the installation of new production equipment including automated equipment. Roughly 80% of your time will be spent hands on working with the installation works, such as electrical connections, however as the company are having a huge amount of building improvement work carried out too, the other 20% of your time will be spent overseeing external contractors and overseeing their day to day activities.

Long term, the role holds the opportunity for you to move into a CI focused position. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take ownership of projects from the initial installation of equipment to long term improvements.

The role is days based and is predominantly Monday to Friday however due to the project focused nature of the role some flexibility will be required for weekend working.

This is a fantastic company who are committed to continuously improving and are making a massive investment into their site. As well as this, they are committed to developing their staff and can offer fantastic training opportunities such as PLC training and external courses such as the 18th edition.

The Role:

*Installation focused for the next two years

*Long term CI

*80% hands on

*Overseeing external contractors

*DAYS based role

The Person:

*Multiskilled with either bias

*Food background