#Job No. TD395.
Competitive Salary + Holiday + Pension + Overtime Paid at Premium Rates
Monday to Friday 40 hour week, with no call out rota
Service Engineer required for a market leading engineering company who can offer a technically varied role with excellent earning opportunities.
The Service Engineer role will suit candidates from any background with experience maintaining large industrial machinery. You will need to be comfortable with overseas travel (roughly 25% of your time spent overseas) and domestic travel with stay away (25% of your time). When not out in the field you will be based in the company workshop in the Ipswich area. Machine Technicians who are used to carrying out maintenance and set up of machinery are encouraged to apply! You will need to be confident mechanically and have some electrical experience as well.
The Service Engineer role will involve the service, installation and commissioning of large industrial machinery and will involve both mechanical and electrical work. You will work on bearings, pulleys, gearboxes, rollers, drives, PLC’s and associated equipment. You will also help train and advise customers after commissioning/upgrading equipment. You will go into a variety of manufacturing/industrial environments and will be customer facing when out in the field.
* 50% in the field 50% workshop based
* Maintenance, installation, commissioning and training on industrial machinery
* Electrical and mechanical maintenance
* When in the field paid door to door and premium rates for overtime
* Comfortable with domestic and international travel (typically in the USA and Europe)
* Electrical and Mechanical experience
* Comfortable commuting to Ipswich when not in the field