#Job No. RM553.
Supply Chain Manager
Rossendale, commutable from Blackburn, Rochdale and Burnley
£35,000 per annum + 23 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Supply Chain Manager required for an established manufacturer. This is a great opportunity to make a name for yourself in a smaller business and have full control over the purchasing and supply chain department.
The role of Supply Chain Manager will be suited to those with Procurement/Supply Chain/ Logistics management experience within a bespoke or low volume manufacturing environment. You will have exposure to the purchasing and supply chain of such commodities as steel, sheet metal and fabricated parts with UK suppliers.
Your role will be varied day to day as direct the movement, storage and processing of all inventory and materials throughout the business. You will help to implement new processes and drive cost reduction initiatives through inventory reduction, supplier management and delivery improvement. A strong working knowledge of Excel or MRP systems is highly desired. You will be responsible for 2 members of staff (Goods Inwards/Stores person) including any staff training when required.
The company are well established and supply bespoke solutions to a variety of industries including pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and biotechnical. You will report into the Finance Director and join a team of 30 staff on site.
* Managing the supply chain strategy of a small manufacturing facility.
* Split between the office and shop floor.
* Driving reduction in costs and improvements in quality and customer service.
* Leading projects across material cost reduction, inventory reduction and supplier lead times.
* Liaising with suppliers across the UK.
The Supply Chain Manager:
* An experienced Supply Chain Manager from a manufacturing background.
* Experienced in end to end supply chain management.
* Working experience of MRP systems, Excel, Sage or similar.