#Job No. KL11.
Technical Field Engineer (Automotive)
£35,000 to £40,000 + Bonus + Car Allowance + Pension + Training + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00 (flexibility required)
Technical Field Engineer required for a rapidly expanding automotive business. This is a great chance to be part of an innovative and successful business where you’re be an important part in the UK team.
The role will be suitable for a mechanic, automotive, mechanical engineer or similar related background (heavy vehicles). Ex forces are welcome to apply. Experience in a customer facing role is beneficial as you will be dealing with customers first hand. You will need great communication skills and the ability to work autonomously is key. Candidates also need to be happy travelling across the UK with overnight stops when needed.
The role itself will involve the fitting of vehicle exhaust systems and the provision of technical and installation support / training to customers. You will be responsible for aftersales operations and the creation of all associated documentation. There is an aspect of quality assurance involved. You’ll be primarily home-based with 1 day a week on average at the office in Swindon. There is a requirement that you travel nationally on a regular basis (with some international travel for training and product sessions in Germany).
This company offers autonomous working and ongoing development. It is a great opportunity to work a varied role that has the opportunity to develop with continuing expansion of the company.
The Technical Support Engineer Role:
* Fitting of vehicle exhaust systems
* Provision of technical and installation support, and any associated training, to customers
* Aftersales and the creation of associated documentation
* Autonomous working
* National travel on a regular basis
The Technical Support Engineer:
* From a mechanic, automotive, mechanical engineer or similar background (heavy vehicles)
* Experience in a customer facing role is beneficial
* Able to prioritise and manage own work load
* Excellent communication skills