#Job No. MH909.
Technical Manager (Chemistry)
Circa £45,000 Per annum + Pension + Life Cover
Technical Manager with a Chemistry background required within a specialist manufacturer based in the beautiful Cotswolds.
The role will be suited to those from manufacturing process backgrounds within a technical product management capacity. You will have direct experience with the scientific properties of papers, silicones, adhesives, plastics or similar. The company specialise in the supply of large scale manufacture and distribution of release papers for use in many varieties of consumer products.
This position will be the most senior role with the technical product management element of the business with the QC Supervisor and lab technician reporting into the role. You will handle customer issues by tracing the problem internally through the development / manufacturing process or by identifying the issue within the customers own processes. You will travel on rare occasions to customer manufacturing sites within Europe to address issues or to accompany other manager on senior meetings.
The company is the UK’s leading manufacturer of their kind. The role offers the opportunity to become part of a highly successful brand with an international client base whilst working in one of the most attractive rural locations the country has to offer!
The role in Brief: (please apply for a full job description)
* Provide technical advice at all levels
* Ensure Product Quality meets specifications and customer expectations consistently
* Maintain and improve process controls safeguarding quality
* Raise, maintain and administrate technical specifications
* Reducing quality failures and waste
* Participating in investigations on production machinery from a technical perspective
* Handle the technical aspects of customer complaints
* Provide technical support to the sales function
* Evaluate raw material samples from suppliers, assess suitability
* Involvement in Design and development of new products
* Developing QC practices
* Run product trials and generate reports
* Liaise with material suppliers with any faulty material issues
* Keep up to date with all regulatory issues.
* Take part in any audits from outside bodies
The Person Required:
* Must have proven experience with a technical management capacity from a relevant industry background with direct transferable knowledge.
* Must have a Chemistry background to at least degree level of equivalent