#Job No. CC1049.
Technical Officer (English Speaking with German language skills also desirable)
Southampton (International Travel)
Competitive Salary + 23 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Healthcare
Technical Officer required for a niche global leader supplying environmentally friendly products and services to the marine industry.
The company work heavily in the marine industry supplying products to improve operational performance on a global basis. The role will appeal to those with experience within engineering, marine, waste management, ocean science, health & safety and sciences sectors. Applicants with a keen interest in Engineering should apply as training can be given. You will be the public face of the business, it is essential you have excellent face to face communication and IT skills. Report writing is a major part of the job, so a degree or similar level of education is desirable.
The company currently have many German based clients so good German language skill would be very desirable. You will need to consult with clients to understand their needs and deal with any technical queries/issues on board vessels. You will be responsible for analysing and reviewing chemical stock levels, system performance and upsell company products.
As a Technical Officer you’ll provide project and operational support to clients globally. This role specifically will involve frequent travel to clients in Germany and worldwide. You’ll deal with any customer queries and carry out investigations on waste water systems in the field whilst ensuring excellent after care. Short term postings of up to 2 months to company offices in Monaco and Florida may also be required.
This is a great chance to be part of a global business with a personal feel. The company are very team focused to ensure successful service delivery. This role is very important to the ongoing success of the company.
* Regular visits to Germany and worldwide
* Preparation and execution of assigned client visits
* Technical liaison between existing clients, representative engineers and clients
* Ensure project installation conforms to all regulations
* Proactively monitor product performance consumption
* Ensure in compliance at all times with safety / maritime guidelines
The person required:
* Experience in Engineering, Marine and/or waste management, Ocean Science, sciences, health and safety.
* Fluent English and German Speaking skills
* Computer literate
* Experienced report writer
* Excellent communication skills
* Flexible with travel worldwide